Marc Ribot is near the front of a phalanx of whack jazz axe slingers that includes Fred Frith, Henry Kaiser, and of course, good ol’ Bill Frisell. As way out his anything-goes approach goes on his solo records, he’s plenty versatile enough to play for guys as diverse as John Zorn, Elvis Costello and Tom Waits, even touring extensively inRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- The Band, “She Knows” from High on the Hog (1996): Across the Great Divide
- A Conspiracy of Stars: Why is UFO classic rock’s best-kept secret?
- Daniel Lanois confirms more Sinatra coming from Bob Dylan: ‘A sacred ground for him’
- Russell Malone, “Soul Leo” from Love Looks Good on You (2015): One Track Mind
- George Harrison remembered by Alan White, Joey Molland, Robben Ford + others
- Aram Bajakian, Music Inspired by ‘The Color of Pomegranates’ (2015): Sneak peek #2