Marc Ribot is near the front of a phalanx of whack jazz axe slingers that includes Fred Frith, Henry Kaiser, and of course, good ol’ Bill Frisell. As way out his anything-goes approach goes on his solo records, he’s plenty versatile enough to play for guys as diverse as John Zorn, Elvis Costello and Tom Waits, even touring extensively inRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Steely Dan’s Gaucho: An album doomed from the start?
- Steve Cropper shares the secret to his remarkable output with Stax: ‘Everyone was there for the same reason’
- Toto has concluded work on a new studio album: ‘It harkens back to another era’
- Levon Helm, “False Hearted Lover Blues” from Dirt Farmer (2007): Across the Great Divide
- Carmela Rappazzo, jazz vocalist: Something Else! Interview
- Robert Fripp announces new King Crimson live set: ‘We’re just completing the mix’