Marc Ribot is near the front of a phalanx of whack jazz axe slingers that includes Fred Frith, Henry Kaiser, and of course, good ol’ Bill Frisell. As way out his anything-goes approach goes on his solo records, he’s plenty versatile enough to play for guys as diverse as John Zorn, Elvis Costello and Tom Waits, even touring extensively inRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Often-forgotten David Gilmour was the Pink Floyd leader’s most varied solo effort
- Warren Haynes, “Spots of Time” from Ashes and Dust (2015): One Track Mind
- In a surprise, Def Leppard rekindled their classic-era sound with covers-focused Yeah!
- Joe Ely, May 23, 2015: Shows I’ll Never Forget
- Free-form Monkees humor once drove Hollywood legend to curse: ‘I hate these f–ing kids’
- Spirit – The Best of Spirit (1973): On Second Thought