Marc Ribot is near the front of a phalanx of whack jazz axe slingers that includes Fred Frith, Henry Kaiser, and of course, good ol’ Bill Frisell. As way out his anything-goes approach goes on his solo records, he’s plenty versatile enough to play for guys as diverse as John Zorn, Elvis Costello and Tom Waits, even touring extensively inRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- Miles Davis’ brilliant, misunderstood Bitches Brew broke every rule: ‘An art form unto itself’
- Frank Sinatra, “Only the Lonely” from Ultimate Sinatra (2015): One Track Mind
- Overly Polite Tornadoes – When You Wake Up (2015)
- Royal Philharmonic with Gavin Harrison + Guthrie Govan, “21st Century Schizoid Man” (2015): Exclusive stream
- Matthew Shipp on David S. Ware, unusual collaborations + the Miles Davis Paradigm
- King Crimson’s brief, but important, double-trio era peaked with Thrak