Marc Ribot is near the front of a phalanx of whack jazz axe slingers that includes Fred Frith, Henry Kaiser, and of course, good ol’ Bill Frisell. As way out his anything-goes approach goes on his solo records, he’s plenty versatile enough to play for guys as diverse as John Zorn, Elvis Costello and Tom Waits, even touring extensively inRead More
The Latest from Something Else!
- ZZ Top, “I Thank You” (1979): Thanksgiving One Track Mind
- Micky Dolenz says the Hollywood Vampires started out as something else entirely
- Sanctuary – The Year the Sun Died (2014)
- Keith Jarrett + Charlie Haden and Paul Motian – Hamburg ’72 (2014)
- Levon Helm, Bob Dylan remain unlikely heroes of The Last Waltz: Across the Great Divide
- Cracker – Berkeley to Bakersfield (2014)